steam60 zero build

The Japanese WW2 fighter. This kit is virtually all metal and available from DeAgostini at http://www.model-space.com

Re: steam60 zero build

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DJG Downunder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 am

Sorry Steam60, haven't attempted that part of the build yet, I plan to get out the parts this weekend for painting, so I'll have a bit of a trial fit then.
Also, I just found out, that there's another rocker box casting in pack 6, so you still won't have the full set when you get you're next delivery.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby steam60 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks for that though on the instructions for pack 4 it shows all the rockerboxes fitted and all the push rods as well ,bit of a pain really as cannot finish that stage then till november/december :angry-banghead:
steam60
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby DJG Downunder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 am

Does this help?

I opened the instruction PDF in Adobe Photoshop and enlarged it 200%, I've actually got a fairly large monitor, so it looks pretty clear to me, but I'm not sure what you're using.
I tend to read the instruction sheets on my monitor, because it's in my workroom, rather than using a print out, but I realise this arrangement wouldn't suit everyone.
The rocker boxes certainly do appear to fit over the slots on the head castings as you suggest.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby steam60 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks this is the pic I have why they high lighted the part with the transparent square I've no idea cos it makes it as clear as mud! I'm reading off my email downloads as well though I have printed some pages out ,ink costs are low because I have kodak printer and full set of inks cost £10,these are refills and work as well as the kodak ones,now the long wait begins!,if i am feeling brave may fit a few rockers in soon to see how they look regards Martin
steam60
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby steam60 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Well I have had a go with what I have so far not looking too bad and i have tried to dull off the pipes so they do not look brand new ,will wash over with mucky brown/yellow to try and give rusty effect as well
Attachments
zero16.jpg
zero16.jpg (54.96 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
zero17.jpg
zero17.jpg (56.51 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
steam60
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby DJG Downunder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 am

Looking good Steam60, the details stands out very nicely on the heads.
It looks like you're had no problems seating the rockers and pushrods in the right places.

Got my Pack 6 last night...... now all I have to do is bend the parts back to where they were supposed to be before the parcel guy had a game of football with my package. :(

Whilst you're getting into the weathering on the engine, I should mention that there is a bit more detail coming for it, that I know of, probably more that I don't know of.
Firstly there's oil pipes that run between the rocker boxes, and there is also shield plates that attach to the ridge along the top of the heads. I assume there will also be wiring for the spark plugs, but I'm guessing about that.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby steam60 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 am

thanks for the news about further parts to come shall hold back on any more weathering you would think Deag would put on the parcel DO NOT BEND (or kick) :lol: I used to be the postman in our village and was very careful with parcels etc ,I think that if there are oil lines and spark plug leads these will be very fiddly and try our eyesight etc regards
steam60
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby bufferz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Steam, which supplier for the lifecolour paints do you use?
In Progress: Endeavour, Zero, Yamato, Victory

Built: Orrery, Tellurian.
bufferz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby steam60 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:49 pm

sorry for delay in getting back to you I use "emodels.co.uk" very fast posting good service regards
steam60
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Zero