Zero skinning

The Japanese WW2 fighter. This kit is virtually all metal and available from DeAgostini at http://www.model-space.com

Zero skinning

Sponsor

Sponsor

Zero skinning

Postby Experten » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:28 am

I know there are a couple of you-all who are at this stage. However, folks like Morrigan might want to think hard about skinning their Zero with the provided sheet. Up until the last 2 sets or parts in Dispatch 18, EVERY sheet I have received has been creased. They shipped then in envelopes, with no backing, and nothing separating that nice thin aluminum (aluminium) from the hard pokey bits. Voila! creased sheet. The last 2 sets were sandwiched nicely in cardboard, but the cows have done left the barn.

Just an FYI/rant

Mark
Mark
The crazy Yank
Current builds: Altalya Citroen 2CV, Fabbri-Centauria LaFerrari, DeAgostini Shelby Mustang, DeAgostini Jaguar, Hachette Lancaster, (and one or two others)
Experten
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Re: Zero skinning

Postby baby_astons » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 am

alloy parts can be "ironed" if creased, and as looking through morrigans pictures,
the plane itself is creased all over the surface with virtually no straight panel visible -
so I wouldn't worry about this special "feature" other than that it greatly adds to originality :mrgreen: :D
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby morrigan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Just don't forget the fabric patches and pop riveted panels courtesy of the RNZAF :laughing-rolling:

Will have see what happens when the panels start arriving for mine to see how authentic they look.
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Experten » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:55 am

Another choke point for me regarding the skin, is that they would have you apply it using double sided tape. I don't know about you, but I would like to have the model around for some time, intact. Adhesive on tape dries out after a while, and I don't think an A6M2 would do a good imitation of a pole dancer...
Mark
The crazy Yank
Current builds: Altalya Citroen 2CV, Fabbri-Centauria LaFerrari, DeAgostini Shelby Mustang, DeAgostini Jaguar, Hachette Lancaster, (and one or two others)
Experten
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby morrigan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Experten wrote:Another choke point for me regarding the skin, is that they would have you apply it using double sided tape.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Hmm, I'll think I'll stick with CA or epoxy for attaching the skins!
I don't ant my model spontaneously disrobing.
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Return to Zero