Guessing game : where am I ? : Diving in Bali

Tell us about your world tour and gastronomic delights !

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Thought that was the border between north and South Korea :laughing-rolling:
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Sojourner » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:39 pm

Must be Indonesia??
Building: Hachette Flying Scotsman,Micromodels Old London Bridge, plus several others started.
Stash: Hachette Mallard, more Micromodels, loads of other stuff
Sojourner
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am
Location: Northants
Karma: 25

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:51 am

Yes, I am in Indonesia :clap:
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby steve131 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:58 am

Very nice hope you enjoy only thing I know about Indonesia is from watching the film The Raid :geek: I said 38 th parallel because you didn't know if you were North or South :lol:
User avatar
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am
Karma: 65

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:41 pm

steve131 wrote:I said 38 th parallel because you didn't know if you were North or South :lol:


:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I'm in Bali, although I'm at the airport waiting to fly back to Shanghai :(

Had a fantastic time. The diving is brilliant, and plenty of good restaurants to choose from. Nice beaches too, but the built up areas are a bit basic. Mostly small shops selling low quality clothes and souvenirs. People are very friendly. Even the girls offering those less than professional massages say excuse me sir ! Unfortunately it's impossible to walk down the street without being pestered by them and hawkers, which gets somewhat tiresome. The hotel was fabulous though. I spent a good few hours by the pool, head in a good book, drinking cocktails :D

I'll post some photos later

Oh, I did my back a mischief lifting an air cylinder awkwardly. No problem while diving, but I'm still walking very carefully, and not looking forward to 6 hours on a plane :?
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby steve131 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:11 pm

I've never liked flying even uninjured short haul to Amsterdam or long haul just no space :twisted: What do you call a good book , Girl with Dragon Tattoo trilogy good but did put me off going to Sweden :lol:
User avatar
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am
Karma: 65

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Sojourner » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Mark wrote:Oh, I did my back a mischief lifting an air cylinder awkwardly. No problem while diving, but I'm still walking very carefully, and not looking forward to 6 hours on a plane :?


Yes, so you say....Nothing to do with those "polite" massage ladies????? :laughing-rolling:

Anyway, where's my prize for guessing the place? I'll settle for the Victory Partwork :D
Seriously, your hols sound great - I'm dead envious.
Building: Hachette Flying Scotsman,Micromodels Old London Bridge, plus several others started.
Stash: Hachette Mallard, more Micromodels, loads of other stuff
Sojourner
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am
Location: Northants
Karma: 25

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Sojourner » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm

steve131 wrote: but did put me off going to Sweden :lol:


Steve, I'm now building an open canoe with the express plan of paddling in the lovely Swedish lakes and rivers. I started reading, "The Girl ...etc" book but don't think anyone like her will be frequenting those wilderness places...just have to worry about anyone playing a banjo.... :mrgreen:
Building: Hachette Flying Scotsman,Micromodels Old London Bridge, plus several others started.
Stash: Hachette Mallard, more Micromodels, loads of other stuff
Sojourner
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am
Location: Northants
Karma: 25

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby steve131 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Sojourner wrote:
steve131 wrote: but did put me off going to Sweden :lol:


Steve, I'm now building an open canoe with the express plan of paddling in the lovely Swedish lakes and rivers. I started reading, "The Girl ...etc" book but don't think anyone like her will be frequenting those wilderness places...just have to worry about anyone playing a banjo.... :mrgreen:

:laughing-rolling:
User avatar
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am
Karma: 65

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm

They were polite, and pretty, but still annoying. The closest they got to my back was looking at it :laughing-rolling:

I'm reading Jack Higgins, Sean Dillon books at the moment. Riveting to the last page.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Sojourner » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Mark wrote:I'm reading Jack Higgins, Sean Dillon books at the moment. Riveting to the last page.


A man after my own heart. Which book are you on now?
Building: Hachette Flying Scotsman,Micromodels Old London Bridge, plus several others started.
Stash: Hachette Mallard, more Micromodels, loads of other stuff
Sojourner
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 am
Location: Northants
Karma: 25

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:33 pm

The third one. On Dangerous Ground. There's been some damned good punch ups, a brief romance, a couple of goods plot twists, and probably more of the same to come :D
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Gundog » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Mark wrote:
steve131 wrote:I said 38 th parallel because you didn't know if you were North or South :lol:


:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I'm in Bali, although I'm at the airport waiting to fly back to Shanghai :(

Had a fantastic time. The diving is brilliant, and plenty of good restaurants to choose from. Nice beaches too, but the built up areas are a bit basic. Mostly small shops selling low quality clothes and souvenirs. People are very friendly. Even the girls offering those less than professional massages say excuse me sir ! Unfortunately it's impossible to walk down the street without being pestered by them and hawkers, which gets somewhat tiresome. The hotel was fabulous though. I spent a good few hours by the pool, head in a good book, drinking cocktails :D

I'll post some photos later

Oh, I did my back a mischief lifting an air cylinder awkwardly. No problem while diving, but I'm still walking very carefully, and not looking forward to 6 hours on a plane :?


I hope Bali airport is better than it was 30 years ago! I went to NZ on elective. The Garuda plane I was on broke and we were unexpectedly stuck there in the middle of the night. After a while, they handed out a packed lunch, which consisted of a rather odd spicy sausage roll, a cardboard carton of very sweet black tea and a pack of menthol cigarettes. :o About an hour later, they wheeled out some very bleary-eyed belly dancers to keep us entertained! :laughing-rolling:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Building: Hachette Bismarck, DeAgostini Sovereign of the Seas, 74 Sqn. tribute, Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

In the stash: Way too much
User avatar
Gundog
Major
Major
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:33 pm
Location: Darkest North Oxfordshire
Karma: 49

Re: Guessing game : where am I ?

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 pm

Here are a few photos of my exploits.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
User avatar
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16413
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:44 pm
Karma: 435

Re: Guessing game : where am I ? : Diving in Bali

Postby steve131 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Nann bread and wine looks tasty ,swimmingpool looks nice 8-) :mrgreen:
User avatar
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier
 
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 am
Karma: 65

Re: Guessing game : where am I ? : Diving in Bali

Postby number1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:31 pm

Looks beautiful, and a bit warmer then where we went!
number1
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 pm
Karma: 166

Re: Guessing game : where am I ? : Diving in Bali

Postby morrigan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:53 am

Looks lovely. Fantastic shot of Mr (or Mrs) Moray eel!
My uncle goes to Bali quite a bit for surfing.
Needs more fusewire
User avatar
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:21 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Karma: 295

Previous

Return to The Food and Travel Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests