MFH Lancia Rally 037 review

News about new releases and kit reviews

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Here's a quick in-box review of what you get in the MFH 1/43 Lancia Rally 037 kit

The box - looks nice !! High quality, no picture. Mind, I guess most people buy this mail order, so a pic would be a bit of a waste.

Nicely printer instructions. Looks challenging !!

Paint and decal guide. They do the kit in several versions. The colour guide has all versions on it, but the kit only has parts and decals for the one you chose.

Decals - sorry, but I don't want to take them out of the packet just yet - you'll have to wait for a build diary.

A couple of sheets of photo etched parts. I reckon there is knocking on towards 100 parts on these sheets :o (I haven't counted them !!)

Tyres, which are pre-printed with the Pirelli logo. Turned rims, springs and rivets. I'd taken a couple of the wheels out - they're else where in the box - not missing !

"Glass" is vac formed, with a very faint outline to show the edges. Looks very challenging !!

The main body parts. These are all white metal and very cleanly cast. The fit looks a little vague in places, so it's going to take a bit of fettling to get the panel lines right !! I didn't have an OXO cube handy, so there is a scalpel for scale. Oh, and there are those other tyres.....

These are the parts for the engine - the first stage of construction. It took me half an hour just to find them !! It is tiny !!

Long thin bits - suspension, roll cage, engine cage, etc.

Finally, the rest of the bits. Wheels, lights, etc.

Over 100 white metal parts, and to be honest, I don't see how you're going to get that many parts inside the body ! It looks like trying to get a quart into a pint pot !!

It looks like a very detailed kit, and hard to believe that they managed to make a fully detailed 1/43 kit. Complete engine, detailed suspension, detailed interior, detailed inside the bonnet !! The only thing I can see missing is the plug leads......

I was thinking that it's only 1/43, it should be a quick project... wrong - wrong - wrong !! It's more detailed than most plastic kits in 1/24 scale !! In fact, it's more detailed that a certain 1/8 Aston Martin DB5 :lol:
It's going to be fun and challenging !!
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MFH Lancia Rally 037 review

Postby number1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Looking forward to the build! Extra strong magnifying light required :lol:
number1
Colonel
Colonel

Postby casper » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

great looking kit as you would expect from MFH.
parts look very nice and the engine is amazing and so small :o
looking forward to this Mark
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby steve131 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby baby_astons » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 pm

mind you, last time when I built this car, it was made by meri-kit of italy, had a bit less parts but was still nicely detailed -
you'll get all the parts to fit perfectly - I can tell you, I've built a bosica f1 model consisting of over 450 parts, a ferrari gto by make up co that had an electroformed super-thin bodywork and some 250+ parts and my first own kit of the lagonda v8 hat over 230 parts - sophistication has moved on by now so chances are, this one will be a better fit that the three I mentioned - but it's rather a challenge for the eyes and fingers...

what I can offer from 43rd scale experience - make sure however, that you double-check ten times, before you assemble things...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Return to Model previews and reviews