FOA Mr J re Hood

Heard about a new partwork ? Tell us here

FOA Mr J re Hood

Sponsor

Sponsor

FOA Mr J re Hood

Postby Julian » Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 am

Maybe this needs to be moved to a more relevant thread area, as Mr J may have a few more questions.

Hi Mr J,

DeAgostini and Hachette have test released The HOOD... we have been told Hachette's is no longer on their website but DeAgostini's is. I looked today and the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" button is flashing at me and I just want to press it. BUT i don't want to do it and then get the DREADED Suspended or Cancelled.

Can you give any foresight into this please, I know there are a few out there that want this build.

Thanks
Julian
If it's Not Broke, Take it apart and make it better

Timmy Mallet

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Julian
Brigadier
Brigadier

Re: FOA Mr J re Hood

Postby Popeye » Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

I subscribed to both Dagostini and Hachette Hoods. Just received issue 4 of Dagostini with a discontinue note "due to quality problems" and saying that they hope to continue at some time in the future (with a reply-paid card to get issue 5 free of charge whenever they restart).

Hachette acknowledged my subscription application but nothing has arrived yet.
Popeye
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby FrancisMcN » Wed May 11, 2011 3:44 pm

DA Hood part 5 was out at newsagents in Plymouth today with pictures of part 6 on the back. Has anyone on a subscription had part 5 yet?
FrancisMcN
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Popeye » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 am

Dear FrancisMcN

See my post immediately before yours. I will go my local Smiths (Brighton) anyway to see if Issue 5 is on display
Popeye
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby FrancisMcN » Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi Popeye,

I understood the situation re your subscription but wondered if DA are doing things differently here in Devon for some reason. The latest situation is that part 6 has been in the shops for a few days and part 7 is shown on the back as more hull bullkheads. Having signed up for a DA subscription after buying part 4 a couple of weeks ago, I got online notification yesterday that parts 5 and 6 are being sent to me as of today. Has anyone else had this and does this now mean that DA are going ahead with the main stream issue of the Hood?
FrancisMcN
Corporal
Corporal

Postby digger » Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm

I have checked "My Subscriptions" and parts 4, 5 and a binder have been despatched today. Things are looking good :D

Terry
digger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Eric » Wed May 25, 2011 5:52 pm

Ok, I am now officially confused.....
Building;
HMS Hood
Tiger Tank
RMS Titanic

Built;
Bismarck
Eric
Colonel
Colonel

Postby digger » Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 am

I received parts 4 & 5 plus a free binder today, there was no indication that the subscription was being posponed.
digger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby FrancisMcN » Tue May 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Latest update in my case is that the parts 5 & 6 arrived today with a undated letter similar to Popeye's one (and offering a free part 5!) but saying that they "are hopeful that the series will resume in the near future". Part 6 itself had a post card inside offering a free part 7 when the series resumes if you filled in your details.

The picture of the components for part 7 ( a couple of bulkheads and some internal hull frames ) doesn't suggest any great immediate quality issues - is this all really a stall because they haven't got a large enough subscription membership?
FrancisMcN
Corporal
Corporal

Postby digger » Tue May 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks Francis

Now I am worried again. Four weeks thinking will it or wont it. I am begining to wish I had not signed up.
One of the articals in issue 4 "Life onboard the Hood" was the same as issue 3
digger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Scubamonster » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Well, signing up to "BUILD THE HOOD" was my first dipping of my toes in the pool of Part Building. I've got to say that I cannot at this moment in time decide if I am dissappointed, or relieved, that those nice people at DeAg have decided to suspend the "BUILD THE HOOD", in order to "IMPROVE FUTURE CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS." I was, like probably a lot of other novices to this game, looking forward to building what appeared to be a quality model. I was, to say the least, a little perturbed by the idea of signing myself up to something that would run for 140 odd issues at £6 a pop. Hence my indecisiveness as to whether to be P****d off or relieved. I have to say though, that it beggars belief that these people have yet again started something they cannot finish. Question: Do DeAg actually produce something that can be finished? Question, having received SIX issues, what the hell do I do with them. I'm just glad that I actually thought that I would wait until I had the tool kit etc, before opening the packets and puttin glue to parts.
In the words of Alan Sugar, DeAgostini, YOU ARE FIRED! I'm just glad that it only cost me the initial £1-99 to get this disappointed. I certainly will not subscribe to a De Ag product again. I may just go and buy the Bismark, I understand from the Hatchett web site that you can still get it.
Any body else out there as disappointed as I am?

Andy. Scubamonster
Cadet

Private message
Scubamonster
Private
Private

Postby Gordon » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Andy.

You are not alone in your frustration with Deagostini. My first partwork was the Bismarck and just assumed that this would be the norm for all partworks i.e. you subscribe, they send you the parts, if you have a problem you call customer services and they sort it out. Deagostini, on the other hand, have a completely different business model.

My advice would be go with the Bismarck if you can still get it, if not then wait for Hatchet to issue the Hood.

Gordon..
Gordon
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby digger » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 am

Am I the only one who has not been told that Build the Hood has been suspended?
I should receive parts 6-9 and the toolbox at the end of the month, I have not started building yet but I have prepared an area to build it. I just wish Deag would either say it is continuing now or let us know when the series is to be resumed.
digger
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Partwork previews