Del Prado HMS Bounty

Del Prado's Build the Bounty series.

Del Prado HMS Bounty

Sponsor

Sponsor

Del Prado HMS Bounty

Postby ian may » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Everyone
My name is Ian and new to this forum. At the moment I am building the Victory (at the rigging stage), I have been building it for years now, but still have enthusiasm for the subject, so much so, that I recently purchased the Bounty. I purchased the kit (del prado) partly built and the remainder of the kit still in their weekly packets. The kit as I mentioned had been started, the false keel and the ribs were put together, however, when it was sent to me it came with most of the ribs broken and the pieces missing. What I was hoping for is at best to replace the false keel and all the ribs and at worse to try and get the patterns for the pieces mentioned so I can re-cut them. Is there anyone who can help me out, even if it's only a copy of the parts would be fantastic.
ian may
Cadet

Re: Del Prado HMS Bounty

Postby metroman » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:17 pm

I have just been given a partly built Delprado Bounty kit. The hull is partly built, but needs quite a bit of work on it. Are there any photos of anyone's build of this model anywhere on this forum, thank.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mustang » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I took photos of my build. If you want some I'll try and find them and send you some if that helps.

I will have to try and find them.
Mustang
Major General
Major General

Postby metroman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks for that. The hull has been started, but the lad I got the model off, does not have much idea. I have all the instructions, so I will have to sort out from that.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mustang » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Ok. If you need anything just PM me.
Mustang
Major General
Major General

Postby metroman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks very much
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby kiwi72 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:35 pm

help I was given the del prado "bounty by an 84 yo gentleman he said he ordered every single issue from the local newsagent unfortunately the first 41 issues/parts were in a large plastic bag and several tins with no intructions can anyone help me thanks craig
kiwi72
Cadet

Postby kiwi72 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:38 pm

ian may I know its been 4 yrs are still after the ribs I have a set here from an unbuilt bounty
kiwi72
Cadet

Postby Bligh » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:12 am

Around 15 years ago I started building DelPrado's HMS Bounty. At the time I was new to this form of modelling although my Dad used to make scratchbuild ships. As said I started building and suddenly had problems with strakes(plank) breaking even though I had soaked them. The breaking accored when U tried to warp then with heat. As is usual with me this made me impatient and I lost interest. I should also add that I had a new lady in my life and so there was pressure for me to ferform my duties around the house. :roll:
Needless to say the relationship came to an end and once again I found I was a free agent with my time being my own. It also helps that I retired recently.
Around this time I saw the PartWork Model "HMS Victory" had been released here in New Zealand. I quickly booked this in at my local bookshop. I was very excited at the prospect of building this grand model and didn't expect any problems because of all the hype about the precision cut pieces. Well, I was in for a surprise. Planking was and still is a nightmare. :angry-banghead: I went to DeAgostini's forum hoping to get some help and found a great many having some problems with the build and missing parts. The only positive thing I can say about this build, is, I learned a lot during my time spent on this. for this reason I decided to return to my HMS Bounty build. One reason being I need a break from the HMS Victory nightmare.
I managed to find all the parts and instructions even thuogh I have moved house since starting the build.. The hull it's self was a bit dusty and but everything was still intact. It was interesting to see the approach that DelPrado had to their intructions compared to DeAgostini's. For one thing it is handy that DelPrado had their intruction seperate from the magazine. Their planking seems a lot easier and not expexted to do the impossible as in Agostini's model.
So far the only problem I have is the 2 back bulwarks are missing. But I solved this problem when I realised that some cardboard I had was the same thickness as the bulwarks. I knew that with a layer of the Sapelli veneer no one would be any the wiser. Also, I have decided that if I run out of planks when finishing the planking, again I can use cardboard with the Sapelli veneer over it.
So, someday I will return to Victory or I may just share my time between the 2.
Bligh
Cadet

Postby metroman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:51 pm

The partly built Bounty that I was given, I have given up on it. The hull was partly complete, but it was in such a mess, I did not think that it was worth continuing with.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby chill » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Sorry to hear you are not finsihing the Del Prado
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby metroman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm

I am still on with The Endeavour. Started the rigging, but not actually worked on her for a while. I bought the Revell Flower Class Corvette about 9 years ago, so at present, I am continuing with that project, then I have the Deans Marine HMS Bronington kit to start.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Andy E T » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Can anyone help me with the instructions for the bounty. I've all the parts, but the instructions were in folders but have disappeared when we moved. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated
Andy E T
Cadet

Return to Bounty