Late Father's Day prezzie

The place for idle chatter

Re: Late Father's Day prezzie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:12 pm

I have taken the liberty of doing quite a bit of bedtime reading and navigation the book of building drawings! It's like a Haynes manual.

Wings can be set open or folded and you have a choice either side so you can have one open and one folded. Just need to pay attention to the wing sections.

FAA aircraft were fitted with British rocket and bomb ordnance, the same as the Tiffy so if you have a Tiffy kit in the stash you can rob the bombs rockets and rails and build the early car door version as a V1 hunter, but a specific mounting plate will have to be made for the wings for the 4 rockets.

No FAA armament is included in the kit which given a colour profile and decals for a FAA aircraft, then the decision not to include them as they are the same as the Tiffy kit and only the mounting plate would have to have been made is very much a suspect one and I think that the FAA option is a last minute decision to appease Airfix's British base and not to include British weapons is either an oversight or lack of competent research.

Master models is going to step up to the plate with gun barrels for the .50 guns which will greatly enhance that area and as they already have some superb 3 in rockets with choices of heads, decals etc then maybe FAA Rocket mount and rails may also be in their sites!

Like the Tiffy, this kit is worth sitting on for a while just to see what comes out as extras and slowly add them to the box.

I already have Vallejo's US Marines and Navy paint set and I have placed an order for their FAA paint set.

I wonder what they have up their sleeves for the next 1/24.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Morris » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Like the Tiffy, this kit is worth sitting on for a while just to see what comes out as extras and slowly add them to the box.

Completely agree with that James - Let's see what the market brings us....

I wonder what they have up their sleeves for the next 1/24.

:think: :think: - If it's like the last 3 (Mossy, Tiffy, Hellcat) - then what ever it is will be awesome....
Morris

'Phase 8' Hachette Easy Rider Captain America now posted
In Very Slow (currently in a holding pattern :( on the 1/18 Pegasus Bell X-1)
Special Hobby 1/32 scale P-36A Pearl Harbour Defender
Morris
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to The Mess Room