Help and advice

The place for idle chatter

Help and advice

Sponsor

Sponsor

Help and advice

Postby wingnut2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi guys ;) How do you clean your airbrush and what do you use ? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
W2 ;)
When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Help and advice

Postby mrmetallica1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:42 pm

i normally use screen wash as it has isopropranol in it and its cheap
mrmetallica1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby royjess » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:16 pm

I use water, Vallejo airbrush cleaner and acetone

I use a small tub that I can lay the long airbrush needle in. I situate it so it lays on something so that it tips sideways a bit so that I can put a small amount of Vallejo airbrush cleaner in it to cover the airbrush needle. All parts that can't be put in the acetone goes in the Vallejo airbrush cleaner solution.

Anything that don't have any rubber seals on goes into the acetone, again a small tub should be suffice. Don't put the rubber seals into the acetone unless you want you rubber seals to disintegrate.

Water to rinse (or can be used instead of the Vallejo airbrush cleaner)

Resemble the airbrush and flush though with water of a little Vallejo airbrush cleaner. I use a airbrush cleaner/filter pot/stand

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in1-Cleani ... SwCFta-VB3

Also I use Snapdragons recommendation to use cotton buds to clean inside the airbrush. Make sure that you rinse properly to flush out any cotton buds fibres.

There are a few threads on here giving tutorials or you could also look up airbrush cleaning on Youtube
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby wingnut2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:02 pm

mrmetallica1 wrote:i normally use screen wash as it has isopropanol in it and its cheap

Hi John, many thanks for taking the time to reply to my post it is very much appreciated and taken on board.
W2 ;)
wingnut2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby wingnut2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm

royjess wrote:I use water, Vallejo airbrush cleaner and acetone
I use a small tub that I can lay the long airbrush needle in. I situate it so it lays on something so that it tips sideways a bit so that I can put a small amount of Vallejo airbrush cleaner in it to cover the airbrush needle. All parts that can't be put in the acetone goes in the Vallejo airbrush cleaner solution.
Anything that don't have any rubber seals on goes into the acetone, again a small tub should be suffice. Don't put the rubber seals into the acetone unless you want you rubber seals to disintegrate.
Water to rinse (or can be used instead of the Vallejo airbrush cleaner)
Resemble the airbrush and flush though with water of a little Vallejo airbrush cleaner. I use a airbrush cleaner/filter pot/stand
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-in1-Cleani ... SwCFta-VB3
Also I use Snapdragons recommendation to use cotton buds to clean inside the airbrush. Make sure that you rinse properly to flush out any cotton buds fibres.
There are a few threads on here giving tutorials or you could also look up airbrush cleaning on Youtube

Hi Roy, thanks for your reply, it was the "rubber" parts that concerned me so I will be mind full in the future.
W2 ;)
wingnut2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to The Mess Room