Gear Stick

GE Fabbri's Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger. This is going to be a big and impressive model - nearly 2 feet long and weighing 20 lb with lots of detail including working lights, horn, ejector seat, etc.

Gear Stick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gear Stick

Postby Auric Goldfinger » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi I have Pressed the Gear Stick on My James Bond Model and Although I am not Heavy Handed the Gear Stick seems to Snap in Half I cannot understand why the Makers of this Model did not make the Gear Stick in Metal so no matter how many times you Depressed it to Activate the ejector seat then nothing would snap/Break if anyone has a photo /diagram of Making a Gear Stick better and Stronger I would Appreciate it Cheers Auric Gold Finger
Auric Goldfinger
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Gear Stick

Postby R2D2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi there! Iv'e had the same sort of problems with other plastic shafts breaking. my answer is to buy a cheap retractable car arial and strip it down. You can use the sliding tubes to slide over broken plastic rods and make them stronger. They are pretty thin so don't add to much thickness to the part! Hope this helps!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby casper » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Or you could replace it with a brass rod, search for Albion Alloys on eBay or google
casp
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby Auric Goldfinger » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi R2D2 and Casper I welcome your Advise and will do what's needed thanks Auric
Auric Goldfinger
Corporal
Corporal