Aston Martin James Bond

GE Fabbri's Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger. This is going to be a big and impressive model - nearly 2 feet long and weighing 20 lb with lots of detail including working lights, horn, ejector seat, etc.

Aston Martin James Bond

Sponsor

Sponsor

Aston Martin James Bond

Postby missmoneypenny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello There I am New to this Forum and have Followed the Build Diaries for both the Aston Martin and the De Agostini etype which I find Fascinating. My Question is This I am Currently Building a Street Version Aston Martin DB5 Model which I Spray Painted Myself and I would be Happy to Submit Photos but do not know how its Done but my problem is I Took of the Door Handles perfectly, and have either Misplaced or lost them I cannot find them anywhere has any one any ideas how I can find anything Similar to Replace them missmoneypenny
missmoneypenny
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Aston Martin James Bond

Postby royjess » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Instructions for posting images can be found here, just don't use photobucket (Right click on the photobucket logo and open up in new tab/window to view images)

viewtopic.php?f=153&t=1662

I'm testing our various photo hosting sites here with links

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8010

How to post using google photos can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7931&p=147204#p147204
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby chill » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:47 pm

missmoneypenny wrote:Hello There I am New to this Forum and have Followed the Build Diaries for both the Aston Martin and the De Agostini etype which I find Fascinating. My Question is This I am Currently Building a Street Version Aston Martin DB5 Model which I Spray Painted Myself and I would be Happy to Submit Photos but do not know how its Done but my problem is I Took of the Door Handles perfectly, and have either Misplaced or lost them I cannot find them anywhere has any one any ideas how I can find anything Similar to Replace them missmoneypenny

Sorry to hear that . Maybe you should keep any parts you remove in bubble wrap for safe keeping
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby wingnut » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 pm

missmoneypenny wrote:Hello There I am New to this Forum and have Followed the Build Diaries for both the Aston Martin and the De Agostini etype which I find Fascinating. My Question is This I am Currently Building a Street Version Aston Martin DB5 Model which I Spray Painted Myself and I would be Happy to Submit Photos but do not know how its Done but my problem is I Took of the Door Handles perfectly, and have either Misplaced or lost them I cannot find them anywhere has any one any ideas how I can find anything Similar to Replace them missmoneypenny

Sorry to hear of your predicament :( but may I ask what do you mean by " I Took of the Door Handles off (not of) perfectly " surely they can't be that far away :? :think:
Coming second place makes you the fastest loser.
wingnut
Captain
Captain

Postby missmoneypenny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Hello there the Door Handles were wrapped in bubble wrap 6 of them and I rearranged my car Room and I think my wife may have thrown them in the bin thinking it was just a small bit of bubble wrap which I left on the window sill ah well if any one has any idea how I can replace them or get something similar I will welcome any feedback thank you missmoneypenny
missmoneypenny
Corporal
Corporal

Postby chill » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Ah a case of goldfingerss,,,,sorry butterfingers.

Hope they make an appearance soon
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby baby_astons » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 am

well, if they ended up in the bin I suppose it's more likely they'd emerge from a black hole than come back from the bin -
you could try looking for the parts on ebay, trouble is, all who have built the car would have needed/used up the supplied door handles -
so the easiest fix is to try buying new issues containing the door handles - don't recall the numbers now...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby John b » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 pm

As Eaglemoss are still selling the completed model, why not ring them and see if they have spares you could have/buy?
It;s worth a shot!

worked for me with the GTR!
John b
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Return to James Bond's DB5