Page 1 of 1

Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:13 pm
by maximus2012
Something a bit different, Cats broke the model, so I made it in to a ship wreck diorama.Did not want to bin it, so I had a wrecking day. :)
w1.jpg
w1.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 6314 times

w2.jpg
w2.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 6314 times

w3.jpg
w3.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 6314 times

w4.jpg
w4.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 6314 times

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:34 pm
by casper
What a great idea maximus, it looks really great. :clap:
K posted

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:47 pm
by baby_astons
superb idea with recycling the model -
just a small observation on my side - the wreckage hasn't been very heavy or the loco + truck would have gone loose from their neat storage places ;)

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm
by maximus2012
casper wrote:What a great idea maximus, it looks really great. :clap:
K posted

Thanks Mate. I am back now building Hoodie again after a long brake.

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 pm
by maximus2012
baby_astons wrote:superb idea with recycling the model -
just a small observation on my side - the wreckage hasn't been very heavy or the loco + truck would have gone loose from their neat storage places ;)

Yes you are right, but it only brooke his back on a shifting sandbank, when we had loco`s and carriage as deckscargo the welded railway tracks on to the deck and then lashed them down with 1 inch steel cables and chains. Just pretend in youre mind the have taken all the lashings off and on the next tide the will crane them on to the barge. :)
Thanks for the comment, I am a bit off a oddball. :D

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm
by Mark
Nice save Maximus. Very ingenious.

What's become of the cat ? Is it in the sausages, or perhaps ravioli ?

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm
by baby_astons
:laughing-rolling:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 pm
by maximus2012
Mark wrote:Nice save Maximus. Very ingenious.

What's become of the cat ? Is it in the sausages, or perhaps ravioli ?

My Cats are like my children, would never loose my temper and I have not eaten Cat as far as I know, but on my travels around the globe, I had dogs, ginnee pigs, crocs,monkeys,snakes and got knows what. I allways eat what the locals have, but perhabs somewhere in the world the will serve moggie stew. :laughing-rolling:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm
by baby_astons
australia perhaps, they must be damaging lots of models in the outbacks as aborigines eat cats - but question is, where do they get the models from...

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 pm
by Mark
You forgot to mention horse :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:28 pm
by baby_astons
the horses he didn't know about mark, like most of us :lol:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm
by Eric
Great idea Max, well worth a K.

Puts me in mind of old photos of the oil tanker SS Ohio being nursed into Valletta harbour with a destroyer each side to keep her afloat.

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am
by maximus2012
Mark wrote:You forgot to mention horse :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

You right there, now I know why that after eating one of those ready meals from the supermarket, I got a spring in me step and feel like wanting to jump hurdles. :laughing-rolling:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:56 am
by maximus2012
Eric wrote:Great idea Max, well worth a K.

Puts me in mind of old photos of the oil tanker SS Ohio being nursed into Valletta harbour with a destroyer each side to keep her afloat.

I remember that, must be one hell of a voyage for the crew, but the made it, good old seamanship and a sprinkle of luck.
Do you remember that film with Humphrey bogart onboard that tanker the abandoned and re borded it to take her home, I think it was called San Demitry or something like that. Good film worth watching again and again.

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 pm
by chill
Superb stuff have a K :clap:

Love the re-cycling idea.

Maybe Snap could re-cycle the models his Nephew has trashed in the same way. :think: :shifty:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 pm
by maximus2012
chill wrote:Superb stuff have a K :clap:

Love the re-cycling idea.

Maybe Snap could re-cycle the models his Nephew has trashed in the same way. :think: :shifty:

It is fun and you can youre emagination run wild.
Again thanks for the replys, I love a bit of good natured banter and the kind compliments.
Use to do dioramas with armoured veicles and there was allways a blown up tank or truck on it. :D

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:14 pm
by maximus2012
baby_astons wrote:australia perhaps, they must be damaging lots of models in the outbacks as aborigines eat cats - but question is, where do they get the models from...

The are doing a lot of walkabouts there, perhabs the find a modelshop on the way. :laughing-rolling:

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am
by Mike B
maximus2012 wrote:Do you remember that film with Humphrey bogart onboard that tanker the abandoned and re borded it to take her home, I think it was called San Demitry or something like that. Good film worth watching again and again.


You mean "San Demetrio London". - Good oldie.

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm
by Andrewyzfr6
Beautiful and novel use of a damaged pride and joy

Re: Shipwreck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:59 pm
by maximus2012
Mike B wrote:
maximus2012 wrote:Do you remember that film with Humphrey bogart onboard that tanker the abandoned and re borded it to take her home, I think it was called San Demitry or something like that. Good film worth watching again and again.


You mean "San Demetrio London". - Good oldie.

Yes, that is the one, good old black&white film where you can see the real old ships. Love it and watch it again when it is on tv, or perhabs see if the do that on a DVD.
Nothing beats the old films when the got the right ships or veicles for that time.
Watched a film onces, dont know the name, suppose to be at the turn of the century, the just stuck a canvass bag over the Radar of that ship. Put me off that.