HOOD BUILD i give up now

HOOD BUILD i give up now

Sponsor

Sponsor

HOOD BUILD i give up now

Postby alienowl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello All.

As to the title i am giving up on the build..Hachette are a totaly useless in my eyes.

this is the 2nd build i have tried with them and the 2nd that i have had nothing but problems with.

the Bissie i gave up on after collecting 90 issues , to many broken or bent damaged pieces and unavalability of replacement parts.

this the hood build thank god has not gone so far only £203.00 spent.

problems getting issue 7 late deliveries, customer support beyond a joke ,, none of them can speak the queens english properly, they often give wrong or missleading information and often just tell plain LIES as a explanation.

the saga reached its peak back in april i recieved parts 28, 29, 30, 31. i then recieved no issues untill the 3rd of june parts 32, 33, 34, 35.

during the 10 weeks i was constantly being told i was being allocated issues and that they would be sent, i was thn told my payments were late thats why issues were late then told they had not recieved payments ????????????.

i sent copies of all payment reciepts i was then told issues would be sent ive recieved nothing since.

ive had to have arguments and rows with customer support staff the females now refuse to talk to me, and only their male counter parts will , after arguing with these i finaly get to speak to a manager, another joke as this guy cannot speak proper english either.

after 1 hour of talking to him and him imforming me that i have 2 outstanding payments he sends me a pdf copy of al my issues recieved and sent. price of each packet sent to me is £23.20, i in return send him all 8 copies of payments to hachette for £25.00 i also attach a report from post office fraud department showing that hachette have procsessed all the payments.

i discuss it further with him and he agrees that i have paid for every issue sent to me and that in fact i owe hachette nothing and that my account should be £12.00 in balance of credit.
he promises me that he will talk with accounts and sort out what has happened he also promised me that he would send me in bulk all issues outstanding to bring meup to date on the build ..this being issues 36, 7, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 .he promissed me that i would hear from him in 3 days and that i would recieve my issues in 7 days. the phone call was 9 days ago.

today after not hearing from him i phoned hachette i also have not recieved the issues he promised nor have i recieved issues due for this month i should have recieved them 7 days ago.
the male operative i spoke to today ssaid that the manager i spoke to was unavailable and that he hinself did not know what had been done on my account. i said i would phone back. on phoning back i was told the manager was buisy and that he could not speak to me, he said he would try to help me. i asked were the issues were that i should have recieved 7 days ago.

i was informed that allocation was on hold as i had 2 outstanding payments ???????????????

i then did my nut done a bit of shouting and swearing at thier inaptitude and actions.. i was then told that the manager that i had spoken to would phone me back later today...

im sick and tired of it and will be telling them to stuff the build when and if he ever does ring me.

i wish you all good luck with the build and hachette i for 1 will never deal with this hopeless bunch of people again.

regards to you all Alan
alienowl
Private
Private

Re: HOOD BUILD i give up now

Postby chill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 pm

So sorry to hear of your problems with this build, and also the issues you had with the Bismarck.

Real case of very bad luck on both. Fellow board members will sympathise with you on the issue delivery- Eric, for example, - has had problems with getting his allocated issues.

Hope you can get your money back.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

I am 2 months behind with mine mate, but I know I will get my issues and end up with a fantastic model at the end of the day. Patience pays off in the end!

If some issues have arrived in a damaged condition, that will be the fault of the postal service, not Hachette. As I said the other day on another thread, it is amazing that considering these issues get flown, trained and lorried all over the country it is a minor miracle they ever arrive in one bit.
Building;
HMS Hood
Tiger Tank
RMS Titanic

Built;
Bismarck
Eric
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Sorry to hear of the problem Alan. You could always get your copies from your local newsagent instead of subscribing.
I know it's of little conselation, but most people do have a trouble free subscription. I personally have had several subscriptions, and the only problem I've had, which isn't really a problem, is that deliveries are sometimes slow. I've had 2 or 3 damaged issues, which have been replaced without question, although it can take up to 4 weeks to get the replacement.

It would be nice to hear a bit about your builds if you do continue, or are building anything else.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alienowl » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm

hi guys

thnks for comments.

at moment im very disalusion with hachette. i just cannot get a straight answer from them as to why there is all the probs.

at moment im still waiting for the so called phonecall and its nw 5 to 5 pm : (((.

i have asked all th local newsagents in my area if they can possibly get the part work for me. none of them want to entertain my request, the nearest smiths to me is 4 mies they can get it but im disabled and would find it hard to get there each week.

as to photos mark ive tried many times, but i have a size problem i cannot get the size correct or format to add them to my post ???.

i have a few of my bissie untill i had issues with hachette, i have a few of the hood, i have pictues of my HMS Victory 1/100 scale Jotica and a scratch build HMS Triton that i do on another forum triton is full frame build at 5 foot long.

if i can have help how to resize and the format of pics to use i could post some pics for all to see.

im a slow builder as ive had a couple of strokes and have to take my time with things, hood is as is , victory is 2 years into the build and triton is over large as its scratch built bits and pieces are easier for me to make at the larger build.

the handling and crafting of small timbers is a bit hard for me as my hands and fingers dont have the control or flexibility i once had .

my regars to all Alan
alienowl
Private
Private

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 pm

I hope you keep going with the build Alan, it really will be worth it.
Building;
HMS Hood
Tiger Tank
RMS Titanic

Built;
Bismarck
Eric
Colonel
Colonel

Postby number1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry to hear of your problems with hatchette, dont forget that if you have paid by credit card you may get some redress from your card company,

Regards
Les
number1
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1662

This thread explains how to upload images to the board. If you're still having problems, try asking Paul. He's our resident expert who wrote the article.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Julian » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:38 pm

alienowl wrote:hi guys

thnks for comments.

at moment im very disalusion with hachette. i just cannot get a straight answer from them as to why there is all the probs.

at moment im still waiting for the so called phonecall and its nw 5 to 5 pm : (((.

i have asked all th local newsagents in my area if they can possibly get the part work for me. none of them want to entertain my request, the nearest smiths to me is 4 mies they can get it but im disabled and would find it hard to get there each week.

as to photos mark ive tried many times, but i have a size problem i cannot get the size correct or format to add them to my post ???.

i have a few of my bissie untill i had issues with hachette, i have a few of the hood, i have pictues of my HMS Victory 1/100 scale Jotica and a scratch build HMS Triton that i do on another forum triton is full frame build at 5 foot long.

if i can have help how to resize and the format of pics to use i could post some pics for all to see.

im a slow builder as ive had a couple of strokes and have to take my time with things, hood is as is , victory is 2 years into the build and triton is over large as its scratch built bits and pieces are easier for me to make at the larger build.

the handling and crafting of small timbers is a bit hard for me as my hands and fingers dont have the control or flexibility i once had .

my regars to all Alan

If you use photobucket, it automatically resizes
If it's Not Broke, Take it apart and make it better

Timmy Mallet

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Julian
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Jinnai » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:34 am

Hi Alan.

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with Hachette. Having experienced them myself through my guy who collects for me in the UK, I know how frustrating it can be as in the past three months he's had issues with collecting certain issues for me, with no reply from Hachette what so ever.

If you still wish to continue collecting the Hood, keep an eye out on his ebay page (http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/gr8models/m. ... ksid=p3686) and as you can see, he sells a lot of partworks.

Hope this helps. :)

Logan.
Jinnai
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby SkyFire » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:01 am

At least in Australia we have Consummer Affairs and Dept Of Fair Trading to help out when this happens, if the UK has it, it might be worth talkling to them as it sounds like Hatchette is pretty close to breaking the law, by taking your money and not delivering issues.
bItuHpa' BIHeghjaj - (Death before shame). ortaS bIr jablu'DI', reH QaQqu' nay' - Revenge is a dish best served cold. Qapla'!
SkyFire
Major
Major

Postby maximus2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I am at issue 47 and get the bits from my coop supermarket, the longest time I had to wait for a backissue was 3 weeks. Touch wood it will stay like that, no damage or anything. But you are right about the customer service, wish the would speak proper and clear english, that is why I order from the shop, was the same for HMS Victory and still is for the tiger tank.
maximus2012
Captain
Captain

Postby chill » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:28 pm

Wow didnt realise Co-op did magazine ordering- I would have switched to them over the problems I had with the Lanc.

But Im glad you are now getting your issues with no problems.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby dragonstalker » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Alienowl you say your having trouble getting through to hachette and then the operators not being able to speak good english , i had the same 1st problem but mine spoke perfect english but bthey still managed to get everything wrong thats why i went to a newsagent, since that day everyone of my books & parts have been on time and no broken parts at all you dont mention where your from .
dragonstalker
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Julian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

I sent them an email... explaining damaged parts... 10 days later new issue arrived... same with the Tiger

GEF/Eaglemoss.....6 weeks for backorder
If it's Not Broke, Take it apart and make it better

Timmy Mallet

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Julian
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby maximus2012 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:23 am

The only problem I got with the hood is the way we are building the model, a bit on the hull and from there on just superstructure, stupid that, was thinking a few times to cancell but that will be money down the drain so I am comittet now to carry on. Had issue 71 last week and only twice I had to wait for a backissue and nothing was ever damaged. I think newsagent, if he does it, will be the best bet and you get a issue every week and if there is damage he will sorted out.
maximus2012
Captain
Captain

Postby builder » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 am

I made that decision after issue 50 and I feel no regrets. A guy in England delivers, since issue 27, every month or so and is most reliable.
Building the DKM Bismarck and HMS Hood.
builder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby maximus2012 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 am

builder wrote:I made that decision after issue 50 and I feel no regrets. A guy in England delivers, since issue 27, every month or so and is most reliable.

I think the main supplior for the newsagents here in england is WH Smith, the coop orders my parts for the hood from them.The same is for the Tiger and it was for Victory and I never had any problems there either.( The speak english as well) ;)
maximus2012
Captain
Captain

Postby builder » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

maximus2012 wrote:
builder wrote:I made that decision after issue 50 and I feel no regrets. A guy in England delivers, since issue 27, every month or so and is most reliable.

I think the main supplior for the newsagents here in england is WH Smith, the coop orders my parts for the hood from them.The same is for the Tiger and it was for Victory and I never had any problems there either.( The speak english as well) ;)

But I don’t give up my most reliable deliverer in good old England maximus2012, not even in 2013! :laughing-rolling: This week he will send me 68-73 so: :violin:
If you want to know the guys Email, just PM me and I’ll :whistle:
builder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby builder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:46 pm

I have paid to my private supplier for the issues 68-73, so they will be send to the Netherlands (today)!
builder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Next

Return to Delivery of issues